Kevin D. Karpik was born and raised in South Auckland. In 1986 he completed his medical degree at the University of Auckland and then gained his specialist qualification in orthopaedic surgery in 1993. Kevin then travelled to the United States for two years to complete his fellowship specialising in joint replacement, sport medicine and trauma surgery.
Mr Karpik consults at his private practice in Remuera, as well as at Pukekohe, Papakura and Half Moon Bay Marina. Kevin has a special interest in joint replacement of the knee, hip, and shoulder. He also specialises in sport medicine and general musculoskeletal problems.
Kevin is also a senior consultant at Middlemore Hospital. Here he has a heavy commitment, not only to general orthopaedic surgery, but the training and education of junior doctors and nurses. Kevin is actively involved with the nationwide training program for Orthopaedic trainees, is an examiner for The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, and a member of The New Zealand Orthopaedic Association.
MB ChB 1987 Auckland
- Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery
- University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, New Zealand
- Pelvic Surgery
- Joint Replacement Surgery of the knee, hip and shoulder
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- General Musculoskeletal problems including problems of the shoulder and lower limb